Wednesday, May 11, 2011

learning to fly


















This Saturday I met up again with some pretty inspiring ladies. We went shopping, my first little outdoor boutique a lovely lunch and more shopping. It was the perfect treat before Mothers day to laugh, share and just be inspired.



I did not take a single picture of the actual boutique, this was inside the ladies house. It was totally just lovely! Really, I don't know how else to describe it.

It was so girly and feminine. I really wanted to just stay inside and have a cup of tea or something.








This was us after lunch, full of food and ready for round two. After round two me made the long trip back home.

We first dropped of Christie. I did not take a single picture of her home, I only got to see her studio/storefront. I drooled, drooled! Christie, I think I could move right in.




Then this sweet little mamma invited me in to see her studio


Rita placed my first custom order for one my bracelets. Very exciting. Now back to her studio tour.



She makes the most beautiful signs I have ever seen. I will get my hands on one of these!














I would totally wear that. With a pair of cowboy boots of course.

After leaving these ladies, they really just filled me up with inspiration and courage to believe in what you do. And not to worry about what others think. Just do it anyway. So I created more bracelets with them in mind. I also had the honor of having two stores while we were out shopping ask to carry my bracelets in there store. That was very unexpected and totally humbling. I had just the right group of artist with me to give me a great pep talk and some sound business advice. Thank you. So I got home and journaled and this is where the flying part comes in.


This should probably be a separate post but I am on a roll right now.



Learning to fly. That's is what I feel like lately. Getting the courage to use these new wings that the Lord has given me. For a few years I have been stuck in the nest, to afraid to jump. What if the wings don't work, and I fall smack on my face, what if everyone who sees my new wings criticizes them, says they aren't good enough, you don't deserve them. So I have spent a lot of wasted time chasing the things that the whole world tells me I need to chase. I am done chasing, those things have left me empty. So I have prayed, prayed and prayed some more. Prayed for direction, discernment, courage to believe that I am worthy. Slowly He has given me wings, teeny tiny ones at first that for the longest time could not keep me totally afloat. So He continued to grow them little by little. These past few years have been the most intensely creative for me. But I have been afraid. Afraid to show that big dark world what has come out of my broken beat down self. Until finally, and I am sure it has something to do with the most inspiring people that He has recently placed in my path at the most perfect moment. They are ready, I am ready.To spread those wings and jump out of the nest. Besides how will I every know if I can fly, if I am never brave enough to jump out of the nest. So here I go...








Posting these on etsy.

And Amber, thank you. Thank you for opening your heart to me and including me in this little adventure.



xoxo

4 comments:

Junk Fairy said...

Hi Jenn, it's me Eloise, you came to my boutique with the girls!
Thank-you for posting the photos of my home and your sweet comments! I want a cuff?
I'll email you.
Hugs,
Eloise

Amber ~ The French Pressed Home said...

Sniff, sniff! Jenn, you are an incredibly beautiful and talented girl! I'm glad our paths crossed so I can see you fly! I know you will soar! Look what came from one little shopping trip.
xo!! Amber

chateau de fleurs said...

hi Jenn, It was such a joy to meet you and spend a girls day out! You are so sweet and talented let the Lord be your confidence in all you do! XO Christie

Mammabellarte Rita Reade said...

Hi Jenn, such a fun day. Let's do it again. Ciao Rita