Tuesday, March 30, 2010

A day off

Yesterday, I had it all planned out. Work, clean toilets, mop floor. Then my girlfriend who has just started radiation tx for breast cancer called and said lets take the kids and go to the beach. Well how do you say no to that. I knew she did not feel all that great but it is really important for her to give her kids memories. She talks about it all the time. I need to make sure they have lots of memories.



Sitting in the sand and watching the kids run in and out of the water. I could have watched them all day. I could here my daughter screaming with laughter every time a wave hit her a little higher on the stomach. Man, how I can lose sight of the little moments that make such good memories. It is easy to lose those moments in the ho-hum of every day. Like cleaning toilets and mopping floors. I am not a spontaneous person, I plan my day down to the wire. So it took a friend going through a difficult season of life to remind how important it is to create memories of my own. That the toilets can wait, because you never know when life is going to throw you a curve ball.

Take a Fresh Approach: Scatter several small items, instead of one large centerpiece, down the length of your table. Keep conversation flowing by choosing shorter arrangements that guest can easily see over.White couches in this open-air living room open up to amazing view of the ocean.Open deck sits right next to the sea with chairs facing the viewCream beach umbrellas surround teak furniture on an open patio next to the beach
All pictures from Coastal Living

Thought I would give you all a tease of what a beautiful day on the coast it was yesterday.

Well on another note, the winner for my flower necklace giveaway was announced here
Congratulations Stephanie from Decorating addiction . I can't wait to see you wear it.

Thank you for letting letting me unwrap a little piece of my heart today.

Linking to: Tuesday's Unwrapped at http://www.chattingatthesky.com/

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, the toilets will always wait. And the memories, they are always right there just ripe to be unwrapped.

Melissa, Multi-Tasking Mama said...

You definitely made the right choice!