Friday, March 12, 2010

Slowley

Yesterday was a bittersweet day. A day of unwrapping ones heart and revealing emotions. We layed to rest a most precious loved one. A mother, wife, grandmother and great grandmother. A beautiful woman with a beautiful heart. She was a retired Navy officer so we had the honors of a military service that was breathtaking. 90 years of life, 90 years of laughter.


Why is it so hard to let yourself mourn in front of others. I think we all sensed moments of everyone holding back, not wanting to feel vulnerable. I tried really hard to drink up every moment of the days events, to really feel them, to let my heart go just a little. Slowley.....


We are still enjoying company that has traveled from afar to celebrate her life. Trying to appreciate this time with family and not thinking of my lists and lists of things to do. Hard to turn that off in my head. I am learing to do this slowley....



I will be making her famous pot of homemade spaghetti sauce tonight and inviting oodles of friends over to share it with us. To laugh, to let our hearts feel, to let go of ourselves even if it is only a little.

So blessed to know the tender mercies of our Lord and savior, to allow Him to pick us up when our legs are still to shaky to go at it alone.



Sharing a little piece of my heart today.






Linking up with: http://www.chattingatthesky.com/

2 comments:

Stephenie from Decorating Addiction said...

I'm sorry to hear of your loss. I am enjoying your blog posts.

B. said...

I am sorry for your loss. I lost my grandma 10 years ago and it was so painful- but also so wonderful to look bac and remember... almost everyday something will remind me of her! You'll get to be the same way